1. When the barrier is not deployed, the opening remains unobstructed allowing full access to the property. When the threat of flooding becomes apparent, the deployment process can commence.
2. First remove the compression blocks at the top of the rails and unscrew the horizontal fixings, which are positioned down the length of the fixed wall rails. This is to ensure they do not obstruct the deployment of the panels.
3. Prior to slotting in the first Aluminium Panel, please ensure that the floor surface and its immediate surroundings are free from any debris. Once this is done, you can start inserting the panels.
4. Carefully insert each panel, ensuring that you start with the rubber sealing bottom panel first (these panels have seals on both top and bottom).
5. Continue the panel deployment process with the insertion of the intermediary panels (these panels have top seals on only). Note – this step is not applicable to barriers under 600mm high.
6. The final panel to be inserted will be the only one without rubber seals. When all panels are deployed, re-insert the Compression Blocks at the top of each Fixed Wall Rail ready for tightening.
7. Partially tighten the horizontal screws at this stage by hand or using the 6mm Allen key provided and follow the same process for the Compression Blocks – again by hand or using the 8mm Allen key provided.
8. Once this is done, by using the appropriate Allen key you can now fully tighten both the horizontal screws and the compression blocks in that order.